Wednesday 13 July 2011

Jellyfish Pancake

art journal july 2011


'Jellyfish' is one of my favourite words, also 'pancake' and 'la fourchette' is my favourite French word.

I want to call something Jellyfish Pancake but I don't know what and not my second son, no. (Still undecided on that one too btw!).

I'm having one of those 'meh' days today. This pregnancy is so much more typical than Dylan's one. I had a very few proper pregnancy symptoms with Dylan, but with this one, I had actual pregnancy sickness and mood swings (bad ones!), also this baby is SO much more active, he wriggles around a lot.

Anyhow, I've been doing a bit more art journaling lately, I keep wanting to do another art video and also a vlog, but I just can't find the energy for it! I managed to do the below art journal pages. I love how I can really express myself in these pages. It feels cathartic and healing just doing them. :)

art journal july 2011

art journal july 2011

art journal july 2011

art journal july 2011

art journal july 2011

art journal july 2011


Poor Dylbee has been sick for a while with coughs and sneezes and a blocked nose, but I've been feeling really connected to him and so in love with him. He is also much more cooperative now. Doing a nappy change is actually not a Greek Drama anymore which is a relief. And he's generally more easygoing and fun to be with. The other day we did art together (ok, I did art mostly and he did it for about 5 minutes and then decided it was more fun to throw the crayons everywhere, hee hee, but still). /Edit: today he was going mental though! :S Sigh, breathing through it!

Here is our masterpiece! By Dylan da Vinci and his mummy:



He also loves to do 'tummy touches' which is where we 'bump stomachs' hee hee! Lookit:



And yesterday he was such a hoot in the bath, look at his naughty look! ;)



In other news, the Digital Dreams course is almost finished, another week and a half left and I'm so proud of the students! Some of them are doing so well and the whole course just went really well! :)

After this course, I'll be working hard on the 'Life Book Course' (so excited about this one, I might explode) and I might squeeze in the 'Fairytale Series' course, which is a course that would exist out of 5 lessons, each lesson we'd be creating a different fairytale character, but each lesson can be bought by itself. So people who are on a lower budget can also join in by just signing up to a few lessons instead of the whole course. :)

Need to see if I can fit that one in though before the new baby comes.

LifeBook!


Gotta go to bed now. I have another driving lesson tomorrow morning! Lessons are going great btw! I'm working on trying to get my theory done now as I can't register for the practical exam before I've passed the theory one!

Hugs and snugs. xoxo :)

16 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your journal pages, Tam! And Jellyfish Pancake is so beautiful. Hugs to you and Dylan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoooooo hooooo am the first one to leave a comment and thats awesome.. Let me just say how inspiring you are to me I live your work I am a scrapbooker but lately I have been doing mixed media art and I absolutely love it......love your work tamaraq you are awesome and you inspire me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tam. That pic of Dylbee in the tub is so super cute i think i just died for a moment. Literally. Also great to see your new art, as usual. Much love <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! all so inspiring and so beautiful! thank you for making me smile :)

    best wishes!
    juliette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have missed you and your beautiful art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You work is absoutley beautiful - it always has such a whimsical feel to it. It always inspires me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful post. Been missing you Tam! Your journal pages are so beautiful...doo, doo, doo, dah, dah, dah - ha! Dillon is the cutest 'lil naughty boy!
    Hugs, Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lovely Tam,
    Boy, I don't know how you do it all. Super Woman Extraordinaire.
    Love the journal work, btw, especially the top one. Love it.

    Kyles xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beautiful paintings made me feel quite dreamy!

    My favourite words are bunting and rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered you (via Kelly Rae Roberts). Oh my, I LOVE your art journal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful journaling. Lovely! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute photo of Dylan, it's lovely how you share these with us all! Your art journaling is simply gorgeous - and your fairytale series sounds like a great idea, where did you get that from? ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments everyone!

    @meli: the idea came from my head! hee hee! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh - I was very excited about doing the 'Life can be a fairytale' art therapy guest workshop that Sung Hee suggested I do for you and that I emailed you about a few weeks ago. The one you are planning sounds very similar - we could of collaborated on it! I have already written up 3 of the 5 modules discussed. You already have the one I emailed you, the rest are along similar themes. It would of been lovely to work with you on this, 2 heads are often better than one! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you and Dylan are feeling better. No fun to not have energy or to be sick.

    So fun that you are already experiencing that your children are quite different from one another.

    I love your art pages! They are magical and touch my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful ART! And very cute pictures all!
    Love, Renée

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me. I appreciate you! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...