Tuesday 8 November 2011

Lou Lou & the waiting game

Lou Lou - detail 2


So, today is 3 days away from the official due date. I am swollen, huge and exhausted. Walking is a thing of the past, sitting I do fine and lying down I do quite well too. My concentration is waxing and waning, but I feel so much passion for the work that I do and my family, my Andy, Dylan, this new babe about to grace our lives. I feel privileged and blessed and so very very lucky.

I manage to sneak in little bits of art time here and there and have finished a new portrait, I call her Lou Lou. :)


Lou Lou - full painting


It was fun doing the layering in the hair. I've been playing with a few new materials lately: spray inks and acrylics inks. Yum. But guess what, I dropped a bottle of acrylics ink on the bottom of this painting!! Such a waste! I hadn't fastened the lid tightly enough! I managed to salvage the painting though and in a way it was kind of a 'happy accident' as it gave an interesting extra layer!

Here another detail shot:


Lou Lou - detail 1 
Lou Lou is for sale, msg me if you're interested. 
 

So, other than that; it's the waiting game now. We're all set, we've got all the hospital bags ready, house is ready to greet the new little one. I'm really excited about meeting this new babe, also; weary of the birthing process (my only consolation around doing this again is that they say that a second baby is much quicker!) Fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed! I'm not looking forward to going through that kind of pain again, but hey, it's gotta be done!

Also, of course, wondering about the impact this will have on little Dylan. I very much hope it's not going to be too unsettling for him. And then also, I hope that the birth will go ok and that babe comes out happy and healthy (there is always the small fear about something going wrong!) And there is still the naming thing. Neither one of us is really excited about any of our chosen 'maybe names' which I don't like. I'm hoping that maybe during the birthing process a name will come to me that overrides all of the ones on our list, otherwise, we're going to look at him and then decide. It's been so hard this time round to find a name for babe!

Anyhoo! In other news, I've just published the WEEKLY year schedule for Life Book which looks amazing! Click on the image below if you want to download it too, it looks just DELICIOUS to me! If I didn't run this course myself, I'd definitely go on it. Ha ha! 

(Just click on the image to download the PDF).



************** 

Want to join the 360+ students 
who have already joined Life Book?! 

21 comments:

  1. Hi Tam, I'm gald I'm not the only one who spills that expensive ink! I manage to make a mess with it everytime I get them out. It's good to se you made yours 'work' in the painting! I love her hair, th etextures are wonderful, you are so creative, maybe it's those hormones ;o) Good luck with the birth, it'll be over before you know it. :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This portrait is beautiful! I'll have to pinterest it and keep it for study.
    Also, I wait to hear about the new baby's impact on Dylan, so I can learn a few things when it comes next January.
    So see, Tam, I'm not just learning art from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful. I love her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou lou has a Mona Lisa feel....comforting & serene. There is a full moon, so baby will follow.........God Bless you and your lovely family♥Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou Lou is beautiful! I love the colors. Best of luck Tam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the weekly schedule!! I'm so excited!! Beautiiful painting is Lou Lou! Lovely colours! And last but not least, good luck dearest Tam for the birth!! Best wishes Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you all the best for the birth of your new bundle of joy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Lou Lou and her hair:O) Wishing you luck in the birth of your baby:O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three days!!! Eek so exciting!!!! I can't wait to "meet" your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous painting Tam, I've seen the Life Book schedule & I'm seriously excited.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is Lou Lou still available??? Let me know... I want her.
    HuGGs!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful delivery, Tam! Don't worry about the name, I guess it'll appear in the right moment! (it was in my case, I saw my child and knew it would have to be Magdalene!:)))

    Lou Lou is such a beauty!:)

    LOve from Monika from PL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tam, this painting is gorgeous! I just love the hair. The weekly schedule looks absolutely amazing!! It is going to be such an amazing, year long journey. I wish you comfort, strength, endurance, and love in the coming days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lou Lou is gorgeous! Any day now, sending lots of love! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lou Lou is so serene... love her!!!

    The Year Book schedule is awesome!!!... can't wait to start....

    Looking forward to meeting your new bubba... I love babies.... and I'm sure Dylan will adore him/her :-).... God Bless you with a safe, easy birth..XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish you the best of luck with you baby!! I hope delivery is swift and recovery swifter :) You are an amazing person and can handle so much with your family and taking the time to do life book, as always you are an inspiration! and i love lou lou's hair :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Names sometimes just appear out of nowhere. You speak about life so very much in your blog, i.e., life of your art and the life in your family, why don't you try a name meaning 'life' as a mabye-name for your soon-to-be out baby 2? Just a random thought...

    ASHER ... was promised a life blessed with abundance

    ORON ... From Hebrew "or" and "ron" indicating an optimistic view of life as clear and happy.

    I like those two. Just me. :)

    ~B

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an exciting time for you...new life.....new changes....a project born of your passion and love for art and sharing it's healing about to commence....just so exciting!
    Congrats on it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so happy for you Tam! Best wishes and love to the WHOLE family - especially big brother Dylan. I know he will be thrilled! Beautiful painting too, thank you for always providing such brilliant inspiration! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tamara, just discovered you - so glad I did - love your work - good luck with the new addition!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me. I appreciate you! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...