Wednesday 9 May 2012

Faces & Journals

x

 Oh hello again! No, I didn't write a blog post yesterday, but that doesn't mean I didn't do a portrait! :) Lookit, here's the one I did yesterday:


Face 6 - 29 Portraits
 
 I did this one in 30 mins. For clarification: whenever I can and have the extra time, I will spend more than 15-20 mins on it. :)
 
 
Face 6 - 29 Portraits


I'm pretty happy with it though I could've done more to it. The thing with only having so little time is that you never really make a finished piece. That's ok, but I'm aching to do a more finished piece. Hopefully I'll find some time for doing that soon!

 ***

 I've been awake since about 3:30am this morning. Dylan kept snoring and when I tried to move him to his own bed he was VERY disgruntled and promptly ran back to my bed. LOL. Then, I couldn't get back to sleep. I was lying awake just musing and trying to go back to sleep but it just wouldn't happen. So I decided to get up and do some more art in my Dylan & Elliot journal. And, I 'slayed' two birds with one stone (why would I want to slay birds? eugh, not a cool saying) and did another portrait as well.

 Looksee:


Elliot & Dylan Journal - P3 
 



Elliot & Dylan Journal - P3

I'm really enjoying working in this journal, though I find my current colour combinations a bit 'drab' and the eyes of this girl are a tad lopsided and wonky. I love love love playing with the pictures of the boys. Adding paint and hats and crowns. Also, I'm enjoying adding the messages for them. I do hope that one day they'll take them to heart. :) The message in this page says:
"Dear Elliot, sometimes the angriest people need the most love. And it's ok if you can't be the one who gives that love to them. Walking away is okay."
***

 Things have been a tough here lately. After having almost no time to work for 2 weeks and then last week the childcare didn't turn up either plus a bank holiday on Monday (which meant again: no childcare), I am behind on work and it's stressing everyone out. Of course, we're managing, but it's all just a bit much at the moment. Anyhoo, speaking of deadlines, I need to get going on some new lessons. :) I will leave you with some of Dylan's latest Dylanisms and some instagram snaps taken this last week or so. Bye bye baby cakes. x  

Dylanisms circa 2 years 9 months old.
  • While driving in the car and passing a field: "look look! I saw a farm! In the grass!"
  • I'm talking to Andy. Dylan is a bit sick and keeps pinching my face. I say; "Dylan please stop doing that, what do you want ? Do you want some attention? Yes! I want some NICE attention."
  • I ask Dylan if he wants some cake and he says: "no, Dylan want to hugga mama."
  • Dylan on the farm: "Look! More geesies! No, more goosies!"
Elliot loves watching Dylan. This is his face when he looks at Dylan :)

He's having a ball :)

He makes my heart sing. :)

And don't forget:

Be brave.

3 comments:

  1. You do keep busy,even at 4:00am.I'm up early too but with no energy.Love this post as always.First drawing looks like you a little,yes?You are so photogenic.Beautiful you!Love to hear about your babies-darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dylan loves you too much to not sleep in your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. It's so very entertaining. My kids have grown up a bit, but I remember those days. My daughter is however only 6 and still comes out with the funniest things every now and then. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me. I appreciate you! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...